Click here to send an email to Mrs. Beatty : Contact Mrs. B.
WELCOME TO OUR 5/6 COMBO CLASSROOM!

MRS. BEATTY'S SYMBALOO PAGES Click here for quick links to Mrs. Beatty's favorite websites.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

September 3rd ~ 6th

We are beginning to dive into our 5th and 6th grade curriculum and you will start to see more daily work from your child. We are concentrating on some pre-assessments so I can see where the kids are ~ and can then plan our course accordingly.

I explained to the kids that we will use a rotation system for math and language arts. One group will be meeting with me while other groups are working on various seat work assignments, learning activities, and computer & iPad applications.

Spelling and language work will be specific for each grade weekly, but we will work together on writing concepts and assignments.

During Social Studies and Science, the 5th graders will be going to Mrs. Saur's and Ms. Schaff's classrooms for grade-specific curriculum. The 6th graders will remain with me for those content areas.

Our open house is scheduled for September 12th from 5:30-7:00. The open house times are earlier this year so that you can attend other open houses that may be scheduled on the same evening. I will have a brief presentation at 5:30 and another at 6:00. I will be available to answer any questions you may have after the 2nd presentation. I am still working on our daily rotation schedules and making curriculum delivery decisions to best meet the needs of the kids.

I take your child's education and progress very seriously and I am committed to making this a fun and meaningful year for your kiddo. Thank you for trusting him or her with me!!

Have a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment